The Demographics Associate position offers a unique opportunity to help shape the future of our growing company. In this role, you will work with the Director of Demographics and other members of the King team to support clients with GIS analysis, mapping, demographic analysis, and data collection and reporting, among other tasks. Beyond your day-to-day responsibilities, you’ll be expected to represent the company at social and corporate events, further strengthening our brand and communicating our company’s message.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com.
- Assist Director of Demographics and other King Consulting staff as directed.
- Maintain/curate GIS data and other reference data.
- Use GIS software to create custom maps.
- Perform spatial analysis in GIS.
- Assist in conducting demographic analysis tasks.
- Data entry.
- Write summary reports and memoranda of analysis performed.
- Perform other related duties to benefit the mission of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of ESRI GIS software, such as ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro.
- Knowledge of GIS concepts, processes, and techniques as they pertain to GIS layer editing, GIS data entry, GIS data importation/exportation, GIS data conversions, and GIS map generation.
- Knowledge of cartographic concepts and standards for generating maps.
- Thorough understanding of database management, electronic spreadsheets and word processing.
- Thorough understanding of methods of systems analysis and the principles, design, and procedural methods used in extensive data analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively both in a team and independently.
- Ability to exercise initiative and handle multiple and/or changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Professional GIS experience is required.
- Familiarity with demographic analysis and public education facility planning are preferred but not required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Job Position Details:
- Job Type: Exempt, Full-Time
- Salary Range: $60,000-$70,000 per year
- Reports to: Rob Murray
- Benefits: Medical & 401(k)
- Work Location: On-site (Sacramento, CA)
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
About King Consulting
King Consulting was established in 1997 by Vice President & Director of Philanthropy Cheryl King and President Jamie King-Iseman as a comprehensive school facilities consulting firm, and has assisted hundreds of school districts throughout California and the nation.
King Consulting is client-focused and women-owned, and we are an organization born of passion.
Everyone at King loves what they do and channels their enthusiasm into producing the highest quality work for our clients. King offers a wide array of consulting services in Demographics, Financial Services, and Facilities Planning.
King Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. King Consulting does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status, or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.